Our Mission Statement
St Aubin Methodist Church
Our purpose is to build confident faith in God,
to encourage Christian growth so that all may know God’s love in Christ and to strengthen community life in Jersey.
In 2017, we will strive to:
- Build up our mission to visitors by keeping the church doors open, increasing the opportunities to engage with church life and providing a regular programme of entertainment and events.
- Provide quality worship experiences that will encourage Christian faith in all people.
- To give pastoral support wherever it is needed.
- To raise funds in support of the annual project which this year is Street Pastors.
- To seek ways to improve ecumenical work and fellowship and to deepen our relationships within the church and circuit.
- To contribute to parish life wherever there is opportunity.
We believe that our location gives us a unique mission and calling to serve visitors to Jersey.
Often, it is when we are away from the familiarity and routines of home, that we have the time to think. We try to keep the church open and create the spaces and opportunity for people to encounter God as they reflect on their lives.
It is a common misconception that Jersey is full of wealthy people. There is wealth on the island, but there is also much poverty and social need. The food bank based at St Helier Methodist Church and supported by our church, has seen a great increase in use over the last couple of years.
Please remember the hidden and neglected needs of Jersey in your prayers.